Tuesday 10 August 2010

Mac Dare to Wear lipglass review

I have just realised that most of my recent posts focused on lip products, which must make you think I only buy lipsticks and lipglosses (okay, okay, I did have that huge eyeshadow and blush haul from In The Groove a month ago, so maybe not). Since I wasn't interested in the eyeshadows in the recent Mac collections, and an awful lot of lovely lip products came out at the same time, I'm afraid I will carry on with the trend and show you the new lipglosses from Mac's Dare to Wear collection. I bought them along with dazzle lipsticks and goodies from the Alice + Olivia collection, details of that haul can be found here. Mac came out with a new formula that is much more pigmented than the other lipglosses they do, and have a more whipped formula, although they are also quite sticky, but probably not as much as their normal lipglasses. They are shimmery, so similar to dazzleglasses, but unlike those, these Dare to Ware glosses are very pigmented and also very long lasting. They even last through a meal which is very unusual for me. There's approximately 3 times more products in them than dazzleglasses. The tubes are long and thin and they have doe foot applicators. They come in 6 shades and of course I had to get them all. The colours are all vibrant, ranging from pale pink with blue glitter through bright red to deep purple. The shades are: Bold & Brash, Gimme That!, Ban This!, Dare to Dare, So Bad, Wind Me Up. My favourite ones are Gimme That and Wind Me Up, but I can honestly say they are all lovely. If you're not into very bright colours, try Dare to Dare or Wind Me Up as they are the least bright.
Bold & Brash, Gimme That!, Ban This!, Dare to Dare, So Bad, Wind Me Up
See more photos and swatches after the jump!
Bold & Brash, Gimme That!, Ban This!, Dare to Dare, So Bad, Wind Me Up
Bold & Brash, Gimme That!, Ban This!, Dare to Dare, So Bad, Wind Me Up
(natural light)
Bold & Brash, Gimme That!, Ban This!, Dare to Dare, So Bad, Wind Me Up
(with flash)
Finally a photo of me wearing Ban This! . As you can see, it's pretty dark and vampy, but still wearable.
Did you buy any of these lipglosses? Or perhaps some of the eyeshadows from this collection?

1 comment:

  1. great haul! i got "gimme that" and "dare to dare" but i haven't tried them yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...