Thursday 25 November 2010

Benefit Prrrowl double ended mascara topcoat and lipgloss review

I'm not a huge fan of Benefit cosmetics for several reasons, including the fact that I often find their sales assistants a bit in your face and pushy, but I have come across a product lately that I really like, so I thought I'd show you. It's called Prrrowl and it's basically a double ended mascara topcoat and lipgloss duo. I bought it when I went shopping to Boots the other day and there were no sales assistants at the counter, so I could browse happily. What caught my eye first is the gorgeous teal-blue colour of the mascara topcoat. It is just so beautiful. The lipgloss is also pretty, although it probably suit someone with cooler skintone better especially as not only it's light pink, it also has blue shimmer to it. Good for a smokey eye though!


I love the packaging, it comes in a leopard-skin print box and it's really fun to look at. Inside the box you have a very generously sized double ended wand (very similar in shape to Guerlain's Le 2 Mascaras by the way). You get 7.5 g of mascara and 6.5 ml of lipgloss for £19.50 which is pretty good value for money. Both ends have very good applicators, the mascara wand is a really nice size and picks up just the right amount of product, and the lipgloss applicator is nicely curved on one side to make application easier. The lipgloss is non-sticky and has the same fruity scent as other Benefit glosses (not my favourite to be honest). The mascara topcoat (which could also be applied alone) is a beautiful peacock blue shade with lots of sparkles. Once it's applied it doesn't flake or smudge at all, and there's no glitter fallout either.

See more product pictures and swatches after the jump!


Benefit Prrrowl

Lipgloss

Mascara top coat

Mascara top coat

Lipgloss

Finally here are some swatches! All my pictures are clickable (click to see those sparkles better).

With flash

In natural sunlight (no flash)

With flash

With flash

In natural sunlight


In natural sunlight

In natural sunlight

What do you think? The mascara top coat is very pretty, no? By the way, I'm really pleased with my current mascara (Diorshow Extase), it makes my lashes really long (well, compared to their naked size) and curls them up very nicely! No smudging, no flaking either. Love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...