Tuesday 22 March 2011

Laura Mercier Baked Eyeshadow Review and Comparison Swatches

I promised this review a while ago, and finally here it is.Laura Mercier has 6 new baked eyeshadows out and I've got 3 of them to show you. The other colours I didn't get were Violet Sky, a beautiful dark purple without much shimmer, Terracotta, a shimmery copper and Ballet Pink, a gorgeous pinky highlighter, but at £18.50 each I just couldn't justify buying them all. What I did buy though are Black Karat, a blackened gold with gold shimmers, Lagoon, a rich turquoise and Petal Pink, a gorgeous baby pink with white shimmer. I'm told they are permanent additions to the line.


Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink

These eyeshadows are quite generous size at 1.8 g each, although they are smaller than Mac mineralize eyeshadows (2.2 g) and as a result, gram per gram they are more expensive as well. However, I find Laura Mercier eyeshadows consistently very good quality, so I can justify the higher price. I would like to point out that I have not worn these eyeshadows on my eyes, but they all swatched beautifully, they are nice and smooth and very pigmented even dry. I also haven't tried them wet yet. I find with most Laura Mercier eyeshadows that they stay on well all day and don't crease, but as I said I have not worn these yet, so can't really tell you how they hold up. If you have these and you have tried them, please let me know what you think!


See many more product pictures, swatches and a couple of dupes after the jump!


Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink


Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink



Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (without flash)

Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (with flash)

Black Karat (without flash)

Lagoon (without flash)

Petal Pink (without flash)

Black Karat (with flash)

Lagoon (with flash)

Petal Pink (with flash)


Now let's move onto the swatches. They were all swiped just once, so you can see how smooth and pigmented they are.

Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (without flash)

Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (with flash)


If you're a fan of Mac mineralize eyeshadows you might have been wondering about Black Karat looking quite similar to Gilt by Association mineralize eyeshadow (from the Style Black collection) and I can confirm that Black Karat is indeed a very good dupe for it. See the proof below!

Mac Gilt by Association and Laura Mercier Black Karat (without flash)

Mac Gilt by Association and Laura Mercier Black Karat (with flash)


Mac GBA, Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (without flash)

Mac GBA, Black Karat, Lagoon, Petal Pink (with flash)

While I was rummaging around my Mac eyeshadows I thought I'd see if I find dupes for the other two colours as well. Blue Sorcery (from the Magic,Mirth and Mischief collection) is quite similar to Lagoon, but I did not find anything close to Petal Pink. It's such a beautiful bright pink with white shimmer, it's really quite unique.

Mac Blue Sorcery and Laura Mercier Lagoon (without flash)


Mac Blue Sorcery and Laura Mercier Lagoon (with flash)

Order as before with Blue Sorcery across the top (without flash)


Order as before with Blue Sorcery across the top (with flash)


Right, that's it then. Let me know if you have any of these, whether you like them, or are you planning on buying them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...