Monday 7 March 2011

New CID Cosmetics i-blush and i-gloss review

I really like New CID Cosmetics, especially their i-glow highlighters/blushes (you might remember me blogging about them here), so when I saw that there was a new blusher and highlighter compact released, I decided to order it straight away. I also picked up one of their i-glosses in the shade of Raspberry Kiss.


First up is the i-blush duo. Here's the info from the Lookfantastic website:

"Create sculpted cheekbones with New CID Cosmetics I-Blush Light Up Blusher & Highlighter Compact. Adding a subtle sweep of radiance to the complexion, this handy compact is great for gals on the go and includes a light and mirror to assist application.

Add a touch of sizzle to your style with this New CID Cosmetics I-Blush Light Up Blusher & Highlighter Compact. Featuring a soft peach tone and a complementary shimmery gold, this gorgeous compact will leave you with cheekbones that belong on a catwalk model."

They also included a handy guide to how to use the blush and highlighter which I think is rather clever, although I prefer to do it my way.

"Directions of use:
  • Run the middle of a brush backwards and forwards along the dividing line.
  • Now run the brush up and down your cheek bone starting at the hair line and blending down, then upwards.
  • Make sure that the highlight colour is applied at the top and the blusher at the bottom."
You get 5 g and 4.5 g each of the gorgeous pinky coral / peach blush and gold highlighter in a mirrored compact that also lights up! I find this feature rather cute, but unnecessary, since I don't normally attempt to apply my make up in the dark, but I guess if you're out clubbing or whatever you young chicks do nowadays, then it can be quite handy. There is a switch, so you can turn it off if you don't want it.

Ready more of my review and see lots of pictures and swatches after the jump!

Next up the gloss. CID Cosmetics i-glosses are really lovely, they are non-sticky and feel great on the lips. Not very long-lasting, but I don't expect them from a gloss anyway, especially if they're not sticky, you just know they're not gonna stay. Raspberry Kiss is a muted raspberry pink colour, with very little shimmer to it. The gloss also comes with a mirror (on its side) and 2 little lights built into the handle of the wand. Again, totally unnecessary but cute.

The i-blush duo retails for £25 and the i-glosses are £15.50 from Lookfantastic. They also ship free internationally at the moment.

Finally here are some more pictures:



New CID Cosmetics i-blush

See, it lights up?!


This lights up too! And there's the mirror on the tube!

New CID Cosmetics i-gloss in Raspberry Kiss




New CID Cosmetics i-blush (blush, highlighter)
With flash

New CID Cosmetics i-blush (blush, highlighter)
Without flash
New CID Cosmetics i-gloss in Raspberry Kiss
With flash

New CID Cosmetics i-gloss in Raspberry Kiss
Without flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...