Tuesday 9 August 2011

Swatching My Stash: My Boots 17 Eyeshadow Trios

As promised, here are my Boots 17 eyeshadow trio swatches. I own 5 of them, so might not be available for sale anymore as they may be a tad old. Before I got into high end make up (about 3 years ago), I used to buy quite a lot of high street make up and 17 was definitely one of them. I have since got rid of quite a lot of my old make up, but I couldn't toss these lovelies as they are really good quality eyeshadows.


I own Costa Rica, Galactic, Neptune, Purple Heart, Pretty In Pink. Costa Rica is a very summery trio with teal, blue and bronze, I believe it was a limited edition trio last year (or the year before). Galactic and Neptune Starry Eyes trios are new, they are currently available in Boots for £4.99 each, but there's often a 3 for 2 offer on or something similar. I believe there's 4 colours available. Bizarrely the older regular trios cost £5.49 (50p more), I have Pretty In Pink and Purple Heart of those, although my Purple Heart has a slightly different (older) design. I don't know if the eyeshadows are the same quality, probably are, but worth checking them out for yourselves. These trios appear to be available in 12 shades on the Boots website, I don't think I've ever seen that many in stores though.

Quality wise I love the new Starry Eyes trios the best as they really are excellent, buttery, soft, pigmented eyeshadows. I like all the others too, but some of them are less pigmented or a bit harder (might be their age though). Anyway, here are the swatches for you, see for yourselves! Do you own any of these or other 17 trio eyeshadows?

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!

Top row: Costa Rica, Galactic, Neptune
Bottom row: Purple Heart, Pretty In Pink


Top row: Costa Rica
Bottom row: Galactic
With flash


Neptune (with flash)


Top row: Costa Rica
Bottom row: Galactic
Without flash in direct sunlight


Neptune (without flash in direct sunlight)


Top row: Purple Heart
Bottom row: Pretty In Pink
With flash


Top row: Purple Heart
Bottom row: Pretty In Pink
Without flash in direct sunlight


2 comments:

  1. Nice swatches! I like the color, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love 17 - such good quality for what you pay! Eyeshadow wise anyway - love the blog - just connected!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...