Saturday 12 November 2011

NOTD: Models Own Beetlejuice Aqua Violet + Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal

A little while ago I was browsing as usual and found the most beautiful nail polish I had ever seen, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms in Turquoise Opal, a gorgeous duochrome (or rather multichrome, if that's a word) that transforms from pink to purple to blue to pretty much every colour of the rainbow. Having done a quick search on eBay I realised that it was a very coveted shade and was retailing for quite a lot of money. Bummer. About 5 minutes later I found out that Models Own was coming out with a new nail polish line, Beetlejuice, that also offered gorgeous duochrome nail polishes. So I excitedly waited for the 1st November to be able to get my hands on what looked promisingly similar to Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal.


And here it is, the lovely Aqua Violet. A turquoise shade that changes to blue and purple depending on how the light hits it. In direct sunlight or under bright indoor light it is mostly turquoise, but there is definitely some blue and purple in there. Perhaps not as strong duochrome as I hoped, but a nice shade nevertheless. The formula is pretty good, a little bit on the runny side, but easy to work with, it dries quite quickly. On me it chipped after 24 hours, but I always add that everything chips on me within 48 hours, so it's not necessarily that bad. Of course some are better than others and this little beauty was certainly on the worse side for chipping. It costs £5 for 14 ml which is very reasonable and is currently only available from Models Own website.

Of course I ended up buying the Sally Hansen nail polish on eBay and it turned out to be so gorgeous, it actually spoilt Aqua Violet a bit for me. It just couldn't live up to my high expectations. Before owning Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal I probably would've loved Aqua Violet, but it has been overshadowed I'm afraid. It still a pretty polish and definitely my favourite of the Beetlejuices, so I can recommend it wholeheartedly.

Have you tried the new Beetlejuice nail polishes? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

See lots more pictures of Aqua Violet and also Turquoise Opal after the jump!



Models Own Aqua Violet (no flash)

Models Own Aqua Violet (no flash)


Models Own Aqua Violet (with flash)

Models Own Aqua Violet (no flash)

Models Own Aqua Violet (no flash)

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal (no flash)

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal (no flash)

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal (no flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...