Wednesday 28 December 2011

2011's Favourite Products: Part 1 - Eyes

As 2011 is drawing to a close, I decided to do a series of posts about my favourite beauty products of the year. To be honest though, I do find it quite difficult to do posts like this, because a year is a pretty long period and I often find if I think of my favourites of a certain period, the latest favourites will most likely be included rather than the ones I was crazy about 6 months ago. But I will try to be as objective as possible. I'm not doing detailed reviews on everything since I have actually reviewed a lot of these products, so I will just link them back to the posts if they've already been reviewed.


First up are base products. My favourites are in no particular order: Barbara Daly (for Tesco) Even Smoother Eye Base, Mac Paint Pots and Rimmel Colour Mousse 8hr eyeshadows. Click on the links for the reviews. The only one of these three that I haven't reviewed yet are the Mac Paint Pots. I don't know why, I've just never got around to doing it. I actually own a lot of them, having bought 10 with the last 2 Mac collections and also the permanent ones, or older limited edition ones that I'd already owned. They can be used as primers as they don't crease at all or just on their own for a subtle (or in some cases not so subtle) colour. My only problem with them is that my older ones are beginning to dry out, even though I keep them upside down and sealed properly. They are the most expensive of the bunch at £13.50 for 5 g.

Keep reading to find out what other eye products made it into my favourites this year!



Next are my favourite mascaras. To me mascaras are one of the most important make up products as my eyelashes are pretty short and thin (although thanks to RapidLash they are looking better than ever), so I always need a good mascara to finish a look. My favourites this year were: No 7  Exceptional Definition Mascara, Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara and Guerlain Le 2 Mascara.  I have reviewed them all before, so just click on the links to see the reviews.


My favourite eyeliner pencils are Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners and Mac Pearlglides and I use them all the time. I have reviewed both of them here, so I will not elaborate any more.


As well as eyeliner pencils, I also love liquid eyeliners and have managed to accumulate a lot over this year from MUFE, Stila and Urban Decay mostly. They are all pretty nice, but my absolute favourite ones are Stila's new Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliners. The colours and the consistency are just absolutely spot on. I have reviewed these, so just click on the link!


Last but not least another staple of mine, I use this every day and have repurchased it many times. I love Mac Brow Set in Show Off on my brows, it's not as harsh as a pencil and not as dark and obvious as powder eyeshadow. I have also reviewed this before, so click here to read my more detailed review.


I also thought I'd add my favourite eyeshadow brushes here, after all, I use them on my eyes. I own a lot of these Gosh brushes and use them all the time, they are good and inexpensive. I'm not one to fork out lots of money on expensive brushes, when I have found some cheap ones that are just as good.

So there you go, these were my absolute favourite eye make up products in 2011. You will see that I didn't include any eyeshadows and the reason for that is that I own so many eyeshadows and use different ones all the time, that I really wouldn't be able to pick any favourites. There are certain brands that I prefer of course, but I just cannot pick a few favourite products.

I will be back tomorrow with my favourite face products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...