Tuesday 21 February 2012

My Chanel Spring Collection Haul Part 4 - Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow 34 Eclosion - Review and Swatches

Here's the last product I got from the Chanel Spring Collection, possibly the one I was most excited about actually (although Blush Horizon is another beauty for sure!).


I really like and have a big collection of Chanel eyeshadows, mostly quads, and any new additions are always welcome. Eclosion is a nice neutral palette with a kick of colour and a bit of added shimmer. I like quads because you can usually create a look using all 4 eyeshadows, or even just one or two depending on what look you're after. The European style (round pan) eyeshadows are baked, so they can be used dry or wet, and using them wet will give them more intensity. The shadows in this quad are well pigmented, except for the lightest, glittery shade which mostly just delivers a fair amount of shimmer, but it is oh so pretty! I used it as a highlight colour as I don't mind a bit of glitter, and the glitter did have some fallout, so maybe it's not for everyone. But the other 3 shades are nice and smooth and well pigmented. I especially love the peach and dark mauvy brown colours. I wore these eyeshadows over a primer and they stayed on and didn't crease for 10+ hours.

Chanel quads cost £37 and for that you get 1.2g which does seem an awfully little amount, but I'm guessing it's because they're baked, so they're a lighter formula than the US version. All in all, a very nice quad, probably not a must have, but if you don't own colours similar to these then worth checking out.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!









Top row then bottom row left to right
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Top row then bottom row left to right
Taken with flash

1 comment:

  1. I've never used Chanel eyeshadows
    those look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...