Wednesday 29 August 2012

Estee Lauder Violet Undergroud Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Estee Lauder have really outdone themselves this summer/autumn (whatever you want to call this time of the year) and have released some more beautiful eyeshadows. Not only they're beautiful, they are also Cyber Metallic finish that I love so much. And as pinks and purples are my favourite, I really couldn't be happier (although tecnically there isn't a violet/purple shade in this palette, despite its name).


Violet Underground contains 5 shades: a light pinky beige colour, a bright magenta colour, a warm coppery brown, a navy blue and an almost matte black. The eyeshadows have a metallic sheen, some stronger than others, but all in all, they're very wearable and not shimmery or glittery at all. They are very smooth and well pigmented, and stay on all day without creasing or fading.

The pinky-beige shade is the most metallic of them all. I used that as a highlighter, but for my skintone it's a bit dark to be a proper highlighter. It makes a gorgeous colour to wear in the inner corner or all over the eyelid (think black eyeliner and lots of mascara). I thought the magenta shade was pretty close to the Magenta shade that was released last month in the Vivid Shine collection, but this one is actually a lot pinker. Although the colours are a funny mix, they do work together, I did a look using 4 of them the other day (see bottom of the post). The only one I couldn't fit in was the brown shade, but it would work with the pinky beige and magenta, and even the black (which can be worn wet as a liner, that's what I did).

The eyeshadows are housed in a special purpley blue compact, not the usual gold which is very pretty. You get 4.4 g eyeshadows which is pretty small for a palette, but these Cyber Metallic eyeshadows seem to weigh less than regular powder eyeshadows (the singles are only 0.9 g in weight). The palette costs £40 which isn't bad considerinig the single eyeshadows retail for £19 each, so you get 5 for the price of 2. The palette is limited edition, so it probably won't be around for long. Available from the usual places (department stores and online).

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Finally, here's the look I did with these. I wore the pinky beige shade in the inner corner and on the browbone to highlight, the magenta shade on the lid and the blue shade in the crease. I used the black shade wet on the upper lashline as a liner. I will do a separate FOTD post with full face photos soon.


4 comments:

  1. very nice color
    I love the look you created

    ReplyDelete

  2. Nice color, seem very colorful and pigmented!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Gyönyörű paletta, a szürke nagyon szép árnyalatú :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette is very nice, the look is great! I'm a new member, if you want you could come to see my blog and subscribe!

    http://ourbeautyroutine.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...