Wednesday 26 September 2012

Accessorize Baked Duo Eyeshadows #12 Maia Review and Swatches

A while ago I was walking around Superdrug and found a few reduced eyeshadow duos on the Accessorize stand. I don't know if those particular shades are being discontinued or not, but I decided to pick up Maia anyway as it looked very pretty. I love the packaging with the pretty butterflies and the product inside is realy lovely too. (I have reviewed 4 other shades in the past, to read my review please click here.)


It is a baked formula and the eyeshadow is domed in the pan. Maia contains a frosty white gold shade (similar to Nars Albatross, but frostier) and a satiny olive green shade with bronze flecks. Both are nicely pigmented and smooth, apply really nicely and stay on all day without creasing (over primer). The swatches below were done dry, but these can also be used wet to intensify the colours.

I can't find this particular shade on either website, in fact the Superdrug website isn't showing any of the baked duo eyeshadows, but on the Accessorize website the other shades retail for £4. I can't remember how much I paid, it was between £2-3, so not much. You get a generous 4.5 g of product for your money.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with this after the jump!





Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Wearing the olive shade on the lid, the white gold shade to highlight

Wearing the olive shade on the lid, the white gold shade to highlight
Creasing is not the product's fault, it's my eyelids'!

Wearing the olive shade on the lid, the white gold shade to highlight

Wearing the olive shade on the lid, the white gold shade to highlight

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...