Sunday 2 September 2012

Laura Mercier Pink Tourmaline Mosaic Shimmer Bloc Review and Swatches

I really like highlighters, the prettier the better (heck, I even named my blog after one!) and Laura Mercier's Shimmer Blocs are one of my favourites. I think the Orchid Mosaid Shimmer Bloc was one of my first high end make up purchases. So of course I was very happy to see that a new shade was released earlier this summer (in fact there were two, but I only got this one as the other one - Starlet - seemed a bit blah to me).


The shade I did get is Pink Tourmaline Mosaic and it consists of 4 shades: icy white, bright warm pink, light pinky beige and soft rosy pink. Mixed together the shades create a soft pink glow. It is quite frosty, but applied lightly it does give a very nice sheen to the skin. Of course the shades can also be used separately as eyeshadows, or you can swirl them together as highlighter while omitting one or two colours. The segments are not really big enough to be able to picked up individually with a blush brush, but a small one might work.

I believe this was part of the Cinema Noir collection just like Starlet Shimmer Bloc, but for some reason this seemed not to be available everywhere. I bought mine from Harrods actually, maybe they had it as an exclusive. It cost £31 and you get 6 g which is rather small actually, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are 10.3 g. That said there's only so much highlighter you can get through in a lifetime.

I'm sorry I never got around to taking pictures of me wearing the shimmer bloc, but I have swatches. Check them out after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Shades blended together
Taken with flash

Shades blended together
Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...