Thursday 22 November 2012

My Lancome Holiday 2012 Collection Haul - Review and Swatches

One of my favourite holiday collections this year is by Lancome (obviously the other one being Guerlain). I've bought two of the Petit Tresor eyeshadows and the two khol pencils (which I wouldn't actually describe as khol, but we'll get to that later), as well as the gorgeous sparkly gift set I've already shown you.


The eyeshadows are really lovely and sparkly, even the compacts they come in are so glam. It's definitely 10/10 for packaging for Lancome! I bought Fil d'Or and Fil' d'Argent, the gold and silver ones. I also liked the bronze one, but decided to skip that as it was the least interesting shade for me. The silver one is actually more taupe than silver, which probably makes it more wearable, but if you're after a proper silver shade, this won't be the one for you. The gold one is a light yellow gold, very pretty. Both are sparkly, but not glittery, very smooth and easy to use. They aren't massively pigmented, but they give a very nice wash of colour to the lids.

The khol pencils are nothing like khol, they remind me a lot of Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils. They are soft, smooth and really nice. They don't drag, but they're also not too soft. There are two shades: 015 Jazzy Taupe and 016 France In A Glance. The latter is a bronzy brown colour, Jazzy taupe is... taupe. They compliment the eyeshadows perfectly.

You get 1 g in each eyeshadow for £18 and the khol pencils are £16 for 1.2 g (same size as the Urban Decay ones). The eyeshadows are pretty expensive gram per gram, but I don't mind since I'm never going to use them up anyway.

See more pictures after the jump including swatches and a taupe look I did!




Fil d'Or, Fil' d'Argent

Jazzy Taupe

France In A Glance

Fil d'Or, Fil' d'Argent, Jazzy Taupe, France In A Glance
Taken with flash

Fil d'Or, Fil' d'Argent, Jazzy Taupe, France In A Glance
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Finally, here's the simple look I did. I wore Fil d'Argent all over the lid and Jazzy Taupe on the bottom lashline.






4 comments:


  1. Szép színek és csomagolás is tetszik.
    A barna szemeidhez minden szín jól áll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty,i wish i had more money for the christmas specials. Im hoping to go into debenhams next week and pick up the other bareminerals christmas set. As ive got £20 reward on my beauty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a heads up, Debenhams are having another 10% off beauty starting Tuesday plus 500 bonus points if you spend over £40!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful collection!
    Love the khol pencils!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...