Friday 11 January 2013

Mac Amber Glow Mineralize Blush Review and Swatches

Another item I managed to pick up from Mac's latest collection, Apres Chic is Amber Glow mineralize blush. This is in fact the only cheek product I got (other than Stereo Rose which I haven't picked up from House of Fraser yet) from the collection because I already own Gentle and didn't like the look of Alpine Bronze (it was too brown for my liking).



Amber Glow is described by Mac as "warm peach". It is a very light peachy colour with very fine subtle shimmer. On me it hardly shows up as a blush and I'm quite pale (Guerlain foundation shade 02) in the winter, so this is definitely more of a highlighter, unless you are very pale or pack it on. I did two layers and it still hardly gave me any colour. It's very pretty though and it's not a colour I own, or certainly don't recall owning. It's very finely milled and smooth, goes on and blends out really nicely. It doesn't look ashy at all, so it would probably work okay on darker, warmer skintones. I don't think this is a must have product, but it's nice and gives a really lovely natural looking sheen.

Mac mineralize blushes cost £19 and you get 3.2 g product. Amber Glow and Alpine Bronze are limited edition colours and seem to be selling fast, Amber Glow is showing as sold out on the Debenhams and House of Fraser websites but is still in stock on the Mac website.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash

Wearing Amber Glow on the cheeks

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...