Saturday 2 February 2013

Mac Year Of The Snake Eyeshadows - Aztec Brick and Once Upon A Time

At first I wasn't going to get anything from Mac's new Year Of The Snake collection, despite the products having snake prints on them, I don't really know why. In the end I decided to pick up the two eyeshadows I hadn't owned yet, Aztec Brick and Once Upon A Time. I have to admit, I mostly got them for the outer packaging, it is so pretty. But I definitely wanted to get something I didn't have yet. As pretty as Shell Pearl beauty powder is, I decided I didn't need another one. I also already owned the other two eyeshadows, and as I'm on a lipstick no-buy I decided not to go for any of the lipsticks.


Anyway, I got Aztec Brick and Once Upon A Time eyeshadows. These are larger size eyeshadows, they contain 3 g product and the pans are the size of the mineralize eyeshadow pans and the prolongwear ones. The eyeshadows have snake imprints on them, what looks like the middle part of a snake, no heads or anything. They're not that amazing to look at to be honest, but Aztec Brick in particular is a lovely shade. Both are Veluxe Pearl finish and have a nice texture. Once Upon A Time is almost the same colour as my skin, so it doesn't show up well, but it is pigmented and very smooth. Aztec Brick is a much louder colour and it also has a lovely texture. They both stayed on my lids for 8+ hours and didn't crease.

The eyeshadows come in the regular black Mac compacts and black cardboard box, but they also have a limited edition sleeve on top of the outer box with gorgeous colourful metallic snake prints.

Sadly as I type most of this collection is already sold out on the Mac UK website and it's a Mac online only collection, so if you haven't bought anything from it yet, then better get a move on because there isn't much left. Sorry. The eyeshadows cost £16.50 by the way.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time

Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time

Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time
Taken with flash

Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time
Taken without flash under strong indoor light

Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Aztec Brick, Once Upon A Time
Taken with flash

4 comments:

  1. These are stunning! I love the lighter shade, as it would also be a gorgeous highlight. I really want to try some mac eye shadows, but the price for just one really puts me off. I lean towards palettes, such a Urban Decay, because they seem to be better value for price. However, I think single shades have some more variance and uniqueness! Great post :) xx

    Natalie Roseanne's Nails and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Aztec Brick will look lovely on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find Macs collections really annoying.People bulk buy and stick them on ebay at very expensive prices. Mac really needs to make more of the limited editions

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are just sooooo goregous! you almost don´t want to use them not to destroy the pattern!

    xoxo Frida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...