Thursday 19 June 2014

My Current Favourites - Part 2: Nails

I have already shown you my current favourite make up products and today I'd like to show you what I've been using most when it comes to my nails.

First up is Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle Pen. I use this every time I change my mani, and brush the oil all over my nails as well as my cuticles. It helps make my cuticles soft and also conditions my nails which are quite fragile and peel easily. Since I started using this product many month ago, my nails have been in a much better state, the peeling has slowed down and my nails have become stronger.


See what other products I've been enjoying using after the jump!



As well as the cuticle pen I use the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth base coat every time (with the exception when I wear glitter polish, but more on that later) which is also helping make my nails stronger and better.


When I use glitter polish, I tend to go for Picture Polish Revolution base coat which is specially designed to be worn under glitter polish to aid easier removal. It's not one of the peel off base coats (which failed on me miserably), and it still requires the foil method for easier removal, but I find that it makes it much easier when I wear Revolution and the glitter polish just slides off my nails after a couple of minutes of being soaked in nail polish remover and wrapped in tin foil.

I have found that I can't wear this on top of another base coat as it will make the polish wrinkle terribly, but since I only wear glitter polish a couple of times a week, it's not a problem.


While still on the topic of glitter polish, I have found a really good topcoat that smooths the surface of glitter manis and it is Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food. It's a thicker topcoat than usual and it dries matte, so requires another topcoat to make it shiny. But it is really good for smoothing glitter particles down.


Finally, my go-to fast drying topcoat is Glisten & Glow H K Girl Fast Drying & Super Shiny Clear Top Coat. It is really quick drying and doesn't shrink the polish underneath. It's not got any thicker since I started using it and the brush actually reaches all the way down to the bottom of the bottle, none of which could be said about the Seche Vite topcoat many people swear by.


So there you go, these are my recent favourite nail products. If you like, let me know what your favourite nail products are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...